View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2008, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Growler,Duffy must be a wonderful little girl and I cannot say enough good things about you as her mom.
I cannot imagine any of my cats behaving as well as Duffy were they in the same situation,but you never know until you are faced with it.
to you and little Duffy.
My boys thinks she is a very brave and good girl
Thanks Chico Duffy's always been such a good cat purrsonality wise even w/the Tortitude thrown in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
for Duffy being so good in letting you administer the sub Q's Growler, amazing what she will do for a treat
Course the first time @ the vets there was no treat (she won't eat their treats) so she had no idea she was getting one. Happy to have it after though

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
She's such a good girl! And, of course, her Mom has that healing touch!

How long does it take for the proper amount of fluid to be injected?
I takes about 5 mins for the 150cc's w/an 18 gauge needle - that's just from the start of the fluid flow to the end not counting prepping for the poke itself

The Ultra Thin Wall 20 gauge I want should have about the same flow rate but be a little easier on her skin being a bit smaller (the super thin walls will keep the flow rate roughly the same).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriM View Post
Wow growler, I didn't realize that was how you did that . When I did them with Bud we just injected fluid directly from a big needle. Duffy is an extra good kittie for being so patient .
The large prefilled syringe is one way to go, using the IV drip set is another way. Depends on which way you, the cat & your vet is more comfortable doing.

She is very good during her fluid therapy

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying