View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Compromised account

I agree with Frenchy, its very difficult to say, it really depends on each dog individually. Some breeds are so overbred, that even the healthiest puppy will not be healthy.

I would like to also point out that if he is senior, he should really look into getting an older dog (not senior, mind you, just older), due to the fact that the dog will have a lesser requirement for activity than a puppy, as well as it is possible to find one that is already housetrained, thus redusing the strain on the senior man to do physical things such as wipe pee and run outside every hour or so..especially at night or in bad weather.

As Frenchy pointed out, there are MANY MANY dogs, of all shapes, sizes and kinds available on Petfinder. I find that the benefit of adopting one is not only you are giving the dog a good home, you are contributing to reduction in the numbers of homeless pets, and euthanized pets...Also, the adoption fee usually includes vaccination, spaying, the dog is checked by a vet etc and its usually less than you would pay for the puppy in a store or at the breeder...There are many positives to this!

Good luck and feel free to ask away any questions you may have about the adoption, as there are quite a few people here that are savvy at it!

Last edited by JennieV; December 16th, 2008 at 01:36 PM.