View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Dancer View Post
Do you go out with Marty at night? If not he would probably feel more secure if you went out with him. That said, I would try to spend lots of time out there playing with him so that he hopefully realizes it's not that scary a place despite the coyote smells. We have coyotes around our place too, but our yard is all fenced so I don't worry too much about them coming in, it's the skunks I worry about during night time pee's! What about putting some chili spice along the edge of your property? Maybe the smell of the chili would keep the coyotes from visiting. Can't hurt to try.
Yes, I am always with my dog when he go outside. I was taking Marty in the yard to play but we have so many wild rabbits and Marty end up looking for rabbit poop to eat. We have skunks too and Marty want to run after them. I do not mind having the coyote around as it eat the rabbits and helps keep the numbers . I just wish the coyote would not mark my yard as his territory. I have through spray some rabbit poop with Apple Bitter and hoped that cure Marty of liking it so much. I will try the chili spice , I heard that some people put moth balls to keep wild animals away but I do not like that idea .