View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2009, 12:56 AM

Hi Mad Catter for you & mum & for the test results.

Duffy has been through HyperT a few years before her CRF diagnosis. I chose the Radioactive Iodine Therapy to cure the HyperT which does entail a full weeks stay in the special clinic. Chico2 who you met above has a HyperT cat Rocky who is on Tapazole meds for controlling the condition he does not have kidney issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Catter View Post
during the incorporation of the raw food (which is still kind of going on), I would get her up in the middle of the night because I was hungry and she didn't like to leave raw just sitting out, so she would get up and feed me. This was not good on her already shoddy sleeping habits, so she read about the 'rotation' diet and bought me some kibble (evo) to leave out at night, so I could graze and let her sleep. But no more kibble now.
Raw food is purrfectly fine to leave out for several hours for munching when you are unable to feed fresh at all hours. Or if you are still not comfortable with that you could leave a portion of canned out over night. Wellness has some low phos varieties as mentioned in the summary above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Catter View Post
I am just curious what kind of raw food you guys are using (brand). I'm pretty sure you are on 100% raw and I am wondering if it is all one brand or do you make stuff at home too? And, in keeping with the 'summary' idea, how much do you feed/eat on any given day (I would LOVE to have a 'summary' of your daily eating schedule...I would even pay for it!) i.e.
Monday
morning = blah blah
afternoon = blah blah blah
evening = blah

(food and supplements included!)
Duffy has both a Homeopath Vet and a Homeopath that she sees everytime she goes to the vet so some suggestions are from one or both.

Yes I feed 100% ground raw, the brand I buy is a local North Vancouver, BC company called Natural Instincts with variety of Chicken, Turkey, Bison, Lamb, occasionally Rabbit (there are other meats Beef & Elk she's not fond of) and from another local North Vancouver, BC company called Club Canine the occasional salmon meal. On the days she eats chicken she gets a couple of rough cut up chunks of chicken neck in her dinner I buy them from another local North Vancouver company called 3P Naturals. I'm very fortunate to have a pet food store not too far away that the only food they sell is raw so they are very knowledgeable about the feeding it.

If I am cooking a chicken breast for myself I will save some raw chunks for Duffy to enjoy.

Duffy is eating roughly about 100g ground raw per day sometimes upto 125g especially if its Turkey her current fave. The Natural Instincts ground raw comes in a 250g chubb so I partially thaw & cut in half then store in Ziploc Single Serve freezer containers.

Breakfast (usually btwn 4:30-6am)

3 supplements are pilled right before she eats:
1 Vetri-Science NuCat Vitamin tablet as per her Homeopath Vets' directions
1 Standard Process Feline Renal Support tablet as per her Homeopath Vets' directions
1 Standard Process Feline Whole Body Support tablet as per her Homeopath Vets' directions

Food:
2 heaping Tsp (not the cooking measuring spoon but an actual teaspoon) ground raw food
1 PB8 Probiotic capsule opened & empty into the food mixed well as per her Homeopath Vets' directions
3 drops Aangamik Liquid DMG mixed in food as per her Homeopath Vets' directions
1 pump Grizzly Salmon Oil mixed in food as per her Homeopath's direction

Around 8am Duffy is usually looking for a little more food so I'll add 1 Tsp food no additional supplements, to whatever she has left in her dish from breakfast.

Between 9-10 am before leaving for work (depends on what day it is)
I put another 1-1.5 Tsp food no additional supplements in her dish mix it with anything left from earlier.

Almost always her dish is completely empty when I get home from work some meat she's not too crazy about like Lamb right now so she may leave some in the dish - that gets tossed & she gets a clean dish for dinner.

Dinner usually btwn 7-8 pm (depending on how late I work that day)

3 supplements are pilled right before she eats:
1 Vetri-Science NuCat Vitamin tablet as per her Homeopath Vets' directions
1 Standard Process Feline Renal Support tablet as per her Homeopath Vets' directions
1 Standard Process Feline Whole Body Support tablet as per her Homeopath Vets' directions

Food:
2 heaping Tsp (not the cooking measuring spoon but an actual teaspoon) ground raw food
1 PB8 Probiotic capsule opened & empty into the food mixed well as per her Homeopath Vets' directions
3 drops Aangamik Liquid DMG mixed in food as per her Homeopath Vets' directions
1 pump Grizzly Salmon Oil mixed in food as per her Homeopath's direction

Usually around 10-11pm Duffy might be looking for a little more food if not I usually try to get her to eat a little when I head for bed, I'll put out another Tsp.

I feed a different meat each day so she doesn't get the same two days in a row. Rabbit & Salmon are fed 1-2 per month as the phosphorus levels are higher. Bison is the only red meat she'll eat so she gets that 2-3 days/week. All the meals she gets have ground bone included except the Bison ans the lamb. All the meals have ground muscle meat, bone (exceptions noted above), liver, heart, Cod Liver Oil & Full Spectrum Vit E. The chicken meal includes free range egg yolk, the rabbit meal includes lungs and kidneys. The salmon she gets is just meat & bone actually its the Dog food variety because she doesn't like the extra veggies that are in the Cat Salmon meal.

All supplements should be discussed with your vet before beginning.

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying

Last edited by growler~GateKeeper; February 26th, 2009 at 01:46 AM.