Thread: B.A.R.F. Menus?
View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2008, 08:16 AM

Smile B.A.R.F. Menus?

My Ol' Southern White is (obviously) white.... The only color on him, is his brindle docked tail. ( III didnt dock it, the breeders did) Patrón was a Christmas present, and as a puppy is as amazing as he could be. Doesnt chew, was VERY easy to potty train, etc. BUT! Being he has ALL white he has Soooooo many allergies.... Grass, Pollen, detergents, and I am even starting to wonder if the dog isnt allergic to HIMSELF! He's been on antibiotics for HALF his 11 months of age... and IIII decided to only use the prednisone as a LAST resort. He gets THREE Benadryl TWICE daily with his breakfast and Dinner... I cant take it anymore... I Dont even drug myself, I cant believe how much drugs I have to give to my puppy.
SO! I am considering starting the BARF diet... My vet seems to think that it might help him. It's not going to help my wallet, BUT I wont give up on my baby either, and I am interested in ANYTHING that will help him.
He's been on the $45 bags of dog food, Natural Balance I think? Potato and Duck. No change in skin. Tried Nutro Ultra Holistic, No change in skin, actually he has had MORE reactions SINCE being on this food.
He already gets raw chicken backs and necks as dinner extras, also some raw beef. He's a little piggy and will eat just about anything, and actually seems to love his veggies and fruits.
SO! I wanted to get some ideas from some other people who maybe have gone through this with their own dogs... and maybe some menu ideas to start with for the BARF diet. Also, is there anything else I can try? I really am trying to avoid the allergy testing, since #1 its SOOO expensive... and #2 they would have to vaccinate him against all the allergens, and I am extremely against unnecessary vaccination.... SO! Any Idea would be GREATLY appreciated!

Well, Can only find one pic that is within the size limit! And this is older, he's much bigger than this now.
Attached Images

Last edited by AmericanBullMom; September 9th, 2008 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Add pics