View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2008, 10:14 PM

Hey
This site is great I posted my problem on here (my puppy screams like a coyote!) and I got great answers from ppl. Now my puppy is 13 wks old and yes I know the ppl who posted all the very helpful tips are going to shake their head at me BUT after 2wks of leaving her in the xpen in my bedrm I had to let her out she kept screaming and we live an apartment so I took the chance and 'sigh' let her loose in our bedrm when we went out or to work. I puppy proofed everything and I tried the first time for about 5mins and then slowly built it up and now she stays in there while we're both at work and she's great! No one has complained, the supers say they never hear her and she hasn't chewed anything (yet) lol. I give her frozen kongs, leave the radio on and give her "special" toys for times when we're at work or out without her and she is doing really really well, surprisingly. But I know that that will not work for every puppy. My puppy climbed out of her pen and I was very worried she was going to end up killing herself b/c she got so crazy and climbed the tall cage.
I would keep trying, make sure she has kongs and only certain special toys that you leave with her when you're gone and then take them away when your home. Also I have 2 cats as well almost a year old and I leave them in the livingroom and shut the bedroom door b/c I found that when we tried to have her in her cage the cats would almost "dance" around her as if teasing her that she was locked up lol

Sorry not much help but that was my experience with the screaming puppy issues.

P.s. Your puppy is too cute!

Good Luck