View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDLuver View Post
our crested was born with a deformed eye socket and she has issues with her eye. Part of the deformation causes dry eye which causes her to rub at it. We put drops in daily that are very oily and it helps minimally. I clean her eyes daily and some days we have to add an eye ointment as well if she's been bothering it. In her case, the only surgical option is eye removal but we will not do that until such time as she does not have vision or appears very uncomfortable as they are unable to reform an eye socket on such a small dog.
I'm wondering if it isn't an issue with his eye socket as well. When he was on prednisone he developed "pred-head" which is a wasting of the muscle in his head. His eyes got really sunken in and he developed a bit of atrophy. Even though his head has really filled back in nice, his eyes are still very sunken compared to what they used to be.

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012