View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Willing cat servant

Winston,
Perhaps you'll find a bit of comfort and hope in the following story.

Heavenly Encounters: Animals in the Afterlife
By Laura S.

My husband and I had identical dreams on the night we brought home Lofu’s ashes in a little wooden box. As we slept, our beloved tabby cat climbed through the landscape of our unconscious minds with familiar purrs and face bumps and paws in our laps. He was strong and young again and there was no denying that he was utterly content. When we talked about it in the morning, we realized that we had experienced the exact same vivid dream at about the same time during the night.

We had found Lofu many moons ago when he was a feather-weight kitten. He had been wandering down a sidewalk near Fenway Park in Boston. We were college students at the time, and after a fruitless search for a mother cat or other kittens, we swept Lofu inside our apartment and set off for the grocery store to buy cat food and litter and all the usual goodies. He was our very first rescue and the first cat I ever shared my home with. The loss of Lofu was devastating for both of us, yet the synchronized dreams of his well being in the afterlife gave us great comfort.

For anyone who has ever grieved the loss of a pet, there are inevitable questions. Did I do the right thing in letting him go? Is he OK now? Is he in heaven? Does he know how much I love him? The sorrow and longing we feel during such moments is so universal yet our understanding of what comes next is not. And while there are many theories on the existence of an afterlife, many experts swear that animals who have left their physical bodies are very much alive at a soul level.
Our Pets Carry On In Spirit

Daria Justyn is a psychic medium who earned accreditation from the prestigious Windbridge Institute for Applied Research in Human Potential. She is widely regarded as one of the top psychics in America, and although her primary focus in on human relationships, she explains that it is not uncommon for pets to drop by to say hello.

"“Animals come through all the time,” Daria explains. “In fact, it’s not unusual for a pet who died 20 years ago to make themselves known during a reading. An opportunity to reconnect with a departed pet has such a healing affect on people and instills a sense of reassurance about our loved ones, both man and animal, on the other side.”

“The most charismatic animal I’ve connected with to date is a pig,” Daria continues. “I saw this pig sleeping happily, quite comfy and cozy in a kitchen. That image completely baffled me. I admit that I briefly wondered, ‘Are they going to eat him?’ But sure enough, the woman I was reading for explained that she had once taken in a pig from someone who had foolishly bought it on a whim and then couldn’t care for it. The woman who rescued the pig knew nothing about raising it, and especially about keeping it in her house, but she soon educated herself and found that the emotional rewards were worth every moment of caring for her new pet. The pig, which ultimately was given the name Queenie, took the opportunity to appear during the reading to show her gratitude for the life of love she’d been given.”

Talking With Pets Who Have Crossed Over

Oephebia is a French-born animal communicator living in London where she uses her gifts to engage in telepathic conversations with pets. Her loyal clientele from Europe and the United States rely on Oephebia to act as a translator of sorts. She helps them through health crises, behavioral problems and, yes, even death.

“Death often plays a part in my work with animals and their guardians, from helping an animal to go to the light during euthanasia or contacting a departed animals,” Oephebia explains. “Messages from beyond the veil are so varied. For instance, some animals seem to know what their guardian have been up to. They relay affirmations about things their humans are doing such as having a baby, changing their hairstyle or moving to a new home. Other animals express their wish that their guardian give a new animal a home.”

Yet one of Oephebia’s most extraordinary conversations was not with a pet, but with a wild animal in Africa.

“My most powerful animal communication from beyond the veil was with a wild female hippo that was living in Zimbabwe,” Oephebia recalls. “Not only did the hippo give me details about the life she had lived, but also about the tragic way that she was killed. She conveyed that she wanted her guardian at the Turgwe Hippo Trust to continue her wildlife protection work. And she went on to portray the afterlife as a place of great peace and serenity, where all species are in perfect harmony, a place of pure love.”
What Does the Animals’ Afterlife Look Like?

In a new book titled, “Interviews from the Ark,” interviewer Joy Ward teams up with animal communicator Missa Dixon to talk with dozens of animals in this world and beyond. They meet a Bernese Mountain Dog who helps children learn to read to repay a karmic debt, an opossum who wants to be human and a chinchilla working hard to keep his household calm.

“The animals who have passed all described the same place,” Joy said. “It’s a green, warm, soothing, comforting place where they go between each life to recoup and plan for the next life. We have translated it as Mother Ooze. Almost all of the animals talked about previous lives and even what they wanted in future lives.”