View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Senior Contributor

Last night Shadow had a messy accident in the bedroom at 1:30 in the morning. Not fun!! Super stinky DH slept right through it of course, which was a good thing Anyhow, thank you all for the info. Sylvie I feel for you as well. I will be talking to the vet on Monday about the propalin, she is already on medacam. Good luck to you as well.

I was thinking about her runny poops, and I'm sort of thinking stress to tell you the truth. We were away on the weekend, and even though she was home with my son (they did take them to afriends house on Sat. night and had the pups stay out on their back porch), I think the runs could be nerves. She tends to get the runs if we leave them home alone in the yard for a couple hours or something. Today I'm just giving her plain chicken - no rice because she spits it out. She had a bit of kaopectate this am also. Didn't give her her medacam yet because she didn't eat enough chicken. That said I will take a sample in to the vet to be on the safe side. 14+ Shadow does take the little pink estrogen pills already, has been on those for many years off and on.

I have made a vow to myself not to let Shadow suffer. We will try anything he suggests, but ultimately I know we can't keep her forever. If her body is failing her then we may be nearing the time to lead her gently to the bridge. She's still a very happy girl - last night she was trying to instigate play with Halo, it was so much fun to watch her having fun. And really that's how I want to remember her, not laying in a corner unable to get up and walk and messing all over herself. I will find the strength to do what is best for her because I love her too much to do anything else. I know this kind of talk sounds like I've stopped trying, but I think it's also part of trying to prepare myself for the inevitable. Sorry.

Last edited by Dog Dancer; August 24th, 2011 at 11:08 AM.