View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2012, 01:00 PM

To be absolute safe and to keep our furries safe, it is always best to secure the kennels as well.

I always had my dog seatbelted, when travelling, and it did save her from being thrown into the dashboard, when I got into an accident.

Also, the kennels can become projectiles. I use the regular seatbelt, and place it around and sometimes through the handle of the kennel. That way, nothing is going to be flying about.

I was in a rollover a few years ago, and let me tell you, that even your glasses fly off, mine were found on the road about 5 feet from my vehicle.

As a dog groomer, I was often asked to meet an ambulance at the hospital and take the dog kennels. The people would come to my home to collect their dogs and kennels when they got out. It was a service I did for the town, and the people. No charge either. One time a lady got into an accident, and her little dog was scared and ran away, never to be found. We think a bird or coyote got it. If it had been seatbelted, it would have been saved.

I strongly recommend to people to seatbelt the animals, and do not let them sit on the drivers lap while driving. If the driver got thrown into the steering wheel and crushed the dog, they would feel terrible.

take care
binky