View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Czari's vet visit on Monday.

I took Czari to the vet this past Monday for this thing she has on her chin.

The vet suggested I use the sulfer soap I was using with Vlad, and she also said I could use the same cream I was using for him. It's an anti-fungal cream, so she said if it was a fungus it would help, if it wasn't, it would not hurt. She also gave me some anti-biotics.

At first I thought, great, how the heck am I going to give her the meds, since they were in liquid. Up to now, she's not been cooperative AT ALL when it came to medicating.

I started the meds and sulfer soap and cream a on Tuesday morning, and much to my surprise she's been really very good about it! She lets me pick her up and put her on the counter. I wrap her in a shirt, to keep her from moving too much and keep her comfy, and she lets me wash her chin. She even lifts her little head for me. Then I give her the meds, I unwrap her, she growls a little and she's on her way. She really has come such a long way, for her to be so good about the meds and treatment! I'm thrilled that I don't have to worry about how I'm ever going to give her medicine if she should ever need it again. The last time I had to give her medication was for her tummy issues, and she was beginning to reject the pills in the pill pockets, which was my only source of giving her anything.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/