View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2010, 09:12 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogHuntinMan View Post
Oh many appologies for the "dog smell" remark. My own personal opinion jumped out of that comment. If it is your choice to have an animal live in your house so be it. I do have a problem, though, with dog people who think that it is a crime for a dog to live outside. Come on. It's a dog. By their nature they are born to love the outdoors. Even the little guys with the pink bows. Not every person that keeps their dog outside, just locks it up and forgets about it. I have as much interaction with my dogs as anyone that keeps them inside. My dogs have so much fun in their environment that I have created for them in my very large back yard. I bring them out in the woods every weekend. I use Garmin GPS tracking collars to ensure their safety. Again, many, many appologies for the "dog smelly house" remark. Much love to those who love the same canine friends as me.
You're right dogs would prefer to be outside if the rest of their pack is out there too, but to your dog, you are part of their pack and they prefer to be with you, inside and outside.
That being said, if you have more then one dog, at least they have company outside, but I still believe if they could talk they would say they prefer to be with you and your family in the house (In your bed if you'd let them)

I'm sure you love your dogs and do what you think is best, but I still believe you can't have as much interaction with your dogs, as someone with indoor dogs, unless your outside 24/7

Oh and if you rub your dog with bounce sheets, they don't stink all that bad.....I still can't figure out how to get rid of that "Dorrito dog feet" smell though....suggestions anyone........ And so what my house smells a little like dog, if my friends don't like it they don't have to visit

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~