View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Senior Contributor

Canine Sex Shocker....

Montreal Mirror published a letter to the Editor in this weeks edition. If you feel strongly againest what the Sex coloum wrote about, please make yourself heard at
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mirror
465 McGill Street, 3rd Floor
Montréal, Québec
Canada H2Y 4B4

Phone : (514) 393-1010
Fax : (514) 393-3173
E-mail : Letters to the Editor

http://www.montrealmirror.com/potatoes/staff.html

Canine sex shocker

I was appalled to read last week’s advice column by Sasha in which she responds to a request for advice by a writer who desires to have sex with a dog [“Doing the dog,” June 30]. Rather than explaining to the writer, and readers of her column in general, that the practice of having sex with animals is tantamount to rape, she instead provides helpful advice to readers on how better to prepare themselves for this unlawful act. She even admits to being “disconcertingly” aroused by images of bestiality, as if to make the practice acceptable.

Bestiality is illegal, and at the very least Sasha mentions this (albeit in parentheses, as a mere sidebar). She states, however, that she can understand the desire to have sex with animals, summing it up as the desire for, “a partner who can’t say no.”

Rather than accepting this fact—that animals cannot issue consent—as a reason for desiring them, Sasha should have more responsibly acknowledged that this lack of consent is precisely why it is illegal to have sex with an animal!

The candor with which Sasha answered this question disturbs me. Would she provide similar support and assistance to other similar crimes? What if a writer had fantasies of ****ing a comatose woman? Would Sasha similarly find a support network geared towards such fantasies, all the while understanding the desire to have “a partner who can’t say no?” What about pedophiles?

Animals are not sex toys. They are living, breathing creatures—creatures with no ability to consent to sexual intercourse, just as a comatose individual, a severely mentally retarded person or a child has no ability to consent to sex! I really find it despicable actually that this “sex reporter” would condone such behaviour, and I can only urge her and the Mirror to re-consider the statements made in this article.

I have forwarded my complaint on to the SPCA in Montreal as well. Crimes against animals should not be treated with this kind of levity