View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2003, 01:15 AM

Shelter dogs!

I'm reading some postings on the board and as a new board "member", it's great to see all the postive support everyone has for petowners.
We are very happy with our dog that we adopted from the local shelter. I never in a million years would have chosen a small dog (Bandit is a ****zu/Lhaso Apso cross) I always envisioned having a retriever type of dog.
But the kids have bonded with Bandit and he assimilated to life in our house and our hectic schedules so quickly.
I read on the board that routine is important with dogs that were strays. And I strongly agree!
Once we got Bandit into a routine, he was very happy. We took him to the kids' swim meets all summer and now in the Fall, he goes with the family to soccer games. He's become very social.
He loves his walks and his regular sniffing spots around our neighbourhood and he and our grumpy old 17 year old cat have found their respective "safe" spots in the house away from one anothe and they seem to be co-habiting in peace...well most of the time