View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Quote:
1 - Is there a possibility that my cat will be really sad? They have not been together for their whole life, but seem to get along quite well.

2 - Are there any tips for helping the cat become happy again? She is a very energetic cat, so it would be painful to see her sad.

3 - A friend of ours wants to get rid of his cat. I realize that all cats are different, but should we consider getting her a new companian? This cat would not be temporary and we'd have it for the rest of its life.
First off welcome to the forum

Here's my opinion on the questions three
1 - Your cat will likely be sad for a few days to a week or 2.
2 - YES YES YES. Play and interact with your cat more during this period of transition. Massages, pettings, feather on string games etc.
3 - Hmmm this is the toughest of the 3 questions and I'd love it if other members would chime in. I think if you are prepared to adopt that other cat for life, then yes you should consider it. The timing is the issue. I might wait 1-3 weeks before adopting that new cat, just so it has time to deal with the 'loss' of its current friend.
Hope that helps
Marko
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter