View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2004, 10:20 PM

Anita -

I may not have been very clear, the fighting started when the third cat came along a couple of years ago and the peeing much later on. For 6 months or more they all got along very well, then some growling and nipping and now entering a room causes the noise that makes the other cats stay away from her. You made an interesting comment though. She HAS ALWAYS been high strung from day one. She is the one who is into everything, knocks things down, crawling into things she should not be. I think she was just born that way. So the anxiety or high strung part we saw from the get go. She knows places to hide like she did today after "letting go" literally in front me. I have noticed that she really is into things at night when I am sleeping or she thinks I am . Other times she will just sit with you. She purrs constantly unless she is growling. We have not given up or I would not be here, but I did leave her enclosed for a couple of hours today with food, water. and her litter box and she made the weirdest sound when I put her in that room I have ever heard from her as if she knew she was in trouble. I have never heard that noise before. She was fine when I got home and out she came. We obviously are not giving up or I would not be here or taken in a third cat who was dying from not being fed or having water which is what happened. Is there anything to this scracting (they have a board to use but when I have seen this happen, her peeing, she always starts scrachting around her target) especially paper if she can get some. I ill try everything I have read but I do not think I will catch her in the act for awhile and she is not afraid of water at all she has jumped in the bath tub while I am in there before so a spray of water means nothing, but I will try the other things. She and the other male were here first, they were my sons cats. He has lived in Seattle for the past two years but is now back here with his wife and we all went out to eat today and they would like her with them but I wonder if this is a good idea, since they have an active chincilla. I forsee problems with a new environment and a new pet. So I start trying things that have been suggested here, and they agreed to let me think about letting them take her. I understand she is really his cat but its been a couple of years and their chincialla runs free a lot and the two of them together??? Any insight into the scratching thing?? And my two makes are acting like they know she finally got caught and have been full of it ever since I get home. A real battle of the sexes. Ha! to those who say cats are dumb, I know better!

Patsy