View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2007, 08:40 PM
Fish Guru - Formerly sneakypete79

Hi there,
so youre interested in having some fish. Well, the first thing you need to decide is what size aquarium you want to have...do you want a super small tank, like a 1-3 gallon, a 5g, or a slightly larger standard 10g aquarium? all these tank sizes, coming in both plastic or glass, usually run about the same cost. The smaller the tank, the more difficult it is to care for and also the more unlikely you are to be able to find good equipment like heaters or filters for it. A 10g tank would be your best option, in my opinion, and many pet stores offer 10g tank kits for approximately 40-50 dollars. These kits come with everything you need - filter, heater (make sure it comes with a heater), lights, nets, etc.

If you decide to choose a very small tank 1-7 gallons, these tanks require a lot of maintenance, and will only allow you to have 1 or 2 small fish.

What I would suggest you do first, is have a look around at pet stores or on the internet, and find out what size aquarium you want to have. Once you have decided on an aquarium size, I can help you through the process of cycling your aquarium and choosing the right kind of fish!

Also, when youre looking around at pet stores, take a pen and paper with you, and write down the names of some fish you would like to have, and I can help you find more information and tell you what their needs will be.

-Koran