Thread: food allergy
View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Senior Contributor

We no longer have a cat, but have had several. I don't know if the peas in the duck and pea food are visible, have the "pea" taste - whatever - but not one of our 7 cats over the years would touch a pea. If the peas were visible in the food they would be left, cleaning licked off - and the dogs would finish them off. I would do as Dr. Lee suggested - introduce new food slowly. I also keep i/d on hand "just in case" for our Eskimo, but his primary food is Fromms Four Star. I know they make cat foods as well - canned and dry - but not sure what would be best for your cat. We had a Lhasa years ago that was allergic to everything. One Eskie I know was put on Lamb because he was so allergie - turned out Lamb was the worst allergen for him. I agree with poster who asked which food your kitty was eating when allergies developed. Might be trial and error. My Eskie does best on a fish formula but then Eskies often do - and is also good on Duck with Sweet Potato. Pork and Applesauce version, definitely not - Chicken, so so. Lamb makes him hyper.