View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2004, 08:50 PM

I own a 3 year old husky mix named Kain. He was our first dog as a couple...We never investigated breeds and we ended up with a dog with traits that were..well.. TRYING! he never came when he was called and if we opened the front door he would run out. We call him to COME and it is like he is deaf. Everyone we knew and that knew the dog said "Give that dog away" We tried everything..trainers, electric fences, etc.. Even after the birth of our first child, Kain was very jealous and afew times nipped at the baby ( never bit him) I still refused to give him away, I loved him too much. My point is that a dog is forever and we are glad we never gave him away because he is part of our family..forever. We now have 2 children: Hunter & Talia, 2 dogs Kain & Kris (Bernese mountain dog) and 2 acres fully fenced in for everyone to run around in.......... Huskies are very difficult to train and my advice to anyone wanting to get one is to ask yourself why you want one? Yes they are VERY beautiful...I have the MOST beautiful of them all But they need soo much space to run..etc. Look into the breed before you buy a puppy or dog.. I have seen one too many huskies at the local shelter..it's very sad.