View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Senior Contributor

I think the "Pom" in Princess is showing itself. Eskies also love to "play" with the cat - on their terms. Not to hurt them, just to play. And Eskies and Poms have many of same traits. So many Eskie owners with cats have found their cats have packed the Eskie's suitcase. Since our cat weighs 22 lbs. he should be able to hold his own, since he weighs about same as dog - and frankly he is often the instigator and then tries to look innocent - but I know him too well. El has finally given up trying to play with THAT CAT since he has come to realization that cat is trying to do me in. As Princess grows it will get harder unless you cat can assume a dominate role. We did have a cat like that once - she was the boss of the Beagle - tiny little kitty who demanded respect. Re Misty, I know Princess just can't resist those flapping ears and his nail (will no doubt try hanging from them) - all you can really do is try to limit it until Princess gets bigger and is better able to hold her own. I would just watch that Misty doesn't go for Princess' neck. Misty may not retaliate though as she is in her controlled environment. Certainly El could at his weekly tush love-in but he hasn't and with his teeth he could make his point. He just wants to be loved and maybe that is what Princess is doing. Since Misty isn't feeling all that well, that could be contributing to problem. But a Pom with ears is what I think you have. Double ruff around neck to appear any moment.