View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2009, 11:55 PM
Senior Contributor

So sorry to hear about your dog Tanya. He's in the best hands possible at the vet clinic.

I experienced my dog 'wretching' a while ago - it started out of the blue, and was really scary. She sounded like she was dry-heaving, or trying to throw up, but nothing ever came up. (The vet later told us that this was because she was not wretching at all, but rather coughing.) They did blood tests and x-rays to rule out kennel cough, and her lungs came back looking like they had fluid in them. Turns out she had a viral pneumonia, that a few days of anti-inflammatorys and antibiotics cleared up quickly.

Unfortunatley I'm not sure what's wrong with your dog...I just wanted to let you know my somewhat similiar experience and let you know that everything turned out okay. It's so scary to not know whats going on with our pets - so it's important that we provide them with the best possible care which you have done.

Keep us posted - we'll be thinking of your golden!

Bailey (Labradoodle)
Tippy (Collie/ShepX)
Vali (American Bulldog)
Artiro (Cane Corso)