View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfields View Post
Barkingdog, I had a cattle dog that used to make confetti of the blankets I gave her and one day my brother solved the problem for me. He said he beds his bull terriers on newspapers, shredded newspapers. So, for each kennel here(when my dogs were out in the yards) we would tear newspapers into strips, then shake them out into huge piles, bag them up to take out to the yards. 20 to 24 papers per kennel. They ended up with a really thick bed that they could snuggle down into, and I mean nearly disappear into. When they flattened it I would just shake it out in the kennel again for them. It does mean having a board at the bottom to keep the papers in. The dogs LOVE it! When it starts to look tatty, you just burn it and start again. I had one cattle dog that used to sleep on his kennel roof but that stopped the minute he got his shredded papers.
I could try that. I have my crate in my living room. It was for my Standard Poodle so Marty has plenty of room to move around in the crate. Does your try to ever eat the paper? I will have start saving my news papers, I do not buy the daily news I get a free one once a week . Maybe I will asked my neighbors if I could have their news papers Thanks for the idea!