View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2011, 03:04 PM

Ok...
So as of 2 days ago I bought him Taste of the Wild.(which I'm switching him slowly right now) Upon talkin to the lady at the pet store by me(just a small store that sells just the supplies for pets, not pets themselves) food came down to two kinds....Taste of the Wild and Acana.
Upon discussion I chose the Taste of the Wild for the simple fact that in a couple months I won't have to switch him again off puppy food, as I was told Taste of the wild is for all stages, as well as if he eats the cat food, or the cats eat his, it won't hurt either.(as the cats are on Taste of the Wild as well) As it's made essentially the same. Which'll be nice...cause then maybe I'll be able to get my cat food off my table.(where I have it for now, so I can monitor Thor's eating)...
From the measuring, Thor now eats approx 3/4 of a cup per day.
I scoop a cup into his dish in the morning at 9am, and place it down. He gets to eat until 9:30-10:00(depends when i'm leaving the house)...then it's placed up. Then he gets it back at approx 4:30-5:00pm(depends on when the bf gets home)...has it for about 30-60 min. Then it's taken away again. Then I'll put it back down around 10pm for approx 15-30 min, so he can have food before bed. As the first night when I didn't, he didn't do well, he was hungry. So feeding him before bed like that, allows him to sleep without whining all night.(He whined and whined the first night until I gave him food).
But ya...does this sound ok?
And is Taste of the Wild a good food? Also, is it good for puppies that are 4.5 months old?
Thanks,
Angie