View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2010, 12:08 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiee2010 View Post
hello ,
daddy lol ( my boyfriend) gets home he acts out with the biting and scrtaching , he jumps on your arm and wraps his paws around it... im not sure what to do to make him stop , but any help would be great my arms look crazy from him..
I would venture to say it's been your bf that the kitten has learned how to play with. He probably allowed it when the kitten was tiny. Now kitty is getting bigger he wants it to stop. It's fair game when the "big cat" is home.
As the others have already pointed out - 6 weeks is way too young to be taken from mom and siblings. From the time they are tiny until they are around 3 months mom is teaching them valuable lessons on survival and socialization. Their siblings are teaching them, and each other, how to play but not too roughly. I have a family right now who never try anything rough with me. With their siblings they do but they know their limitations. I also have a kitty who was found by himself and brought to me when he was a tiny little gaffer. He is quite rough with his biting when he decides he wants to play. He also shares my food with me but that's a different story.
The best thing to do when the kitten starts misbehaving is to say a sharp NO or respond the way a playmate would - by meowing - and redirect to a large stuffie. You should always make sure there is a stuffie close by when you know kitty is going to react to the bf. You have to be 100% consistent. Not 99. Not 98.
A playmate in the same age bracket is always a wonderful thought as well. Please make sure it is another cat and not a dog. That opens up it's own set of issues.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!