View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2010, 10:12 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolff-jigs View Post
Not doing so means that when you are driving on the freeway and suddenly there's a ladder in your lane that fell off a truck earlier, if you were paying attention and driving safely, you would see that and take evasive action.
If you are diddling witht he cell phone or radio, or yacking with the inlaws in the back seat and not paying attention, you WILL hit that ladder in the road.

In that case then, was it the ladder's fault for falling off, or yours for not watching the ROAD?
Actually, it would be the person who put the ladder on the truck and failed to secure it. If caught then they would be the ones being fined and at fault.

It seems that you have not had the honour of having your first fender bender. Let me tell you, they aren't fun. I like to consider myself a safe driver but the night I ran into the side of a pickup it was pouring rain, I was being blinded by headlights on high beam stopped at a stop sign across from me, and because of those conditions I cut the corner too sharp. I didn't consider it to be 100% my fault but I had to pay costs. It's a fact of life.
It would also seem you have not had to live with the sadness of killing an animal who has darted across the road. I have. It isn't fun. And BTW - yes, a 12 year old dog can dart. I have a 16 year old who still does when she is being goofy. We weren't there. We don't know the sequence of events. It seems the choice has already been made.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; May 27th, 2010 at 10:23 PM.