View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2016, 07:49 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Koteboro i had to laugh sorry at your expense but my boy used to do what I call the crazy 8 thing. He would run sround the living room table then out into the dining room and back again into the living room. My trainer told me to stand up perfectly straight and be calm and ask him to stop, no chasing him and he wouldnt come to me if his life depended on it....

My lab that I have now Sophie cannot be let off leash if I have to go somewhere. For example in the morning and at night her potty breaks are on leash because although she is going to be 5yrs old it seems to be her territory and she thinks she can do what she wants.....so we do her business on leash and back in the house...

I had so many days when I would say or do the wrong thing, but until your used to being the boss and being in that mindset it will just come naturally and we all make mistakes and have bad days....then we feel guilty and snuggle.....no just kidding.

When you dont feel well it is also hard. When he gets fixed you may or may not notice a difference other than he cannot reproduce..some dogs mellow some dont.....

Biggest thing is be consistant. You can set up situations that he would react to and practice with him. Its good for both of you...
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown