View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2010, 02:35 PM

We've tried giving her canned food, but it's the stuff from the vet. I shied away from it a bit when the diarrehea kicked into gear because I had read that changes in diet could cause it, but it didn't clear up, so I think I'll try it. If I can't find that particular brand, any recommendations for a back up? Hopefully something more recognizable, since this is a smaller town, some of the more exotic stuff can be hard to find. Don't even get me started on beer.

I got her at work, I work at UPS and her momma cat is a feral/stray living under one of the load areas. This is the second litter of kittens that I know of her having, one now and another one sometime last year. She has the habit of wandering out in the yard in the middle of the night (when we're working).

When she is by herself, no problem dodging semi trucks yet it seems. But when she has a kitten in her mouth, she'll drop the kitten and bolt, leaving the kitten. Terrible mother. This one was found by a supervisor walking the yard by chance and I went "Awwwh." and took her, knowing there was a good chance it could end badly, but she's doing so good!

I was tempted to put baby kitty back (a driver leaves food for her, I'd have put her there). Poor kitty was -covered- in fleas and apparently also has Coccidia, so maybe she's better off? Especially if momma cat is leaving her out in the yard. No place for a black kitty in the middle of the night. She took to the bottle and KMR really fast. The only lapse in feeding has been that initial six hours when I found her but couldn't leave work yet.

I don't know how many other kittens there are, I know there were at least two others... but like I said. Not as good at dodging the trucks as momma cat. I haven't seen her around for a while either. If there are, hopefully they are still under belt 3 where they are safe. It's raining out right now too. Poor kitties.