View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Honest Contributor

sariss it was just a suggestion

my dogs don't eat any kinds of fruits & veggies and they don't need them. they are in prime health. thousands of raw-feeders do the same. somehow the notion that our furry critters need "scientists" to design their food seems pretty silly... i mean, think about it! People need jobs so of course they will try to convince you that you are not smart enough to feed your pet, you need a degree in nutrition to do so. crikey. how did i manage to feed *myself* all these years? LOL

also i would urge you to rething the notion that dogs are omnivous. have you looked at the data? here's a good starter: http://rawfed.com/myths/omnivores.html

and wolves do NOT eat the stomach content of their prey, which is supposedly where those "fruits and veggies" lay, along with the acids and bile from the prey animal http://rawfed.com/myths/stomachcontents.html

i won't quote any of the material here, it's there if you want to read it.

regardless. a premade raw diet is miles above any dry food you can feed, so for that! but it can always be better. dogs are not humans in any way, shape or form so even if WE need fruits & veggies to be in prime health, that does not mean our dogs & cats do too. on the contrary! the more "stuff" you put in their diet, the less place there is for what they thrive on, which is meat, bones, organs, connective tissue, etc. For sure feed roughage as treats, the sky is the limit.

but hey i'm a hippie mom & feed my kids a bit of everything to supplement their raw diet, kibble included, peanut-butter sandwiches, cooked meats, macaroni n'cheese, milk bones for treats, LOL! and they're doing more than fine. yep... dogs can be very adaptable creatures. they also can have the room-clearing farts to prove it! ha ha

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love: