View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:49 AM

Yes on the litterbox trips, both kinds. We keep him separated from his sister about half the day to monitor that. He doesn't seem to be straining or 'worried' when using the litter box either, to date.

Crashing-he seems like he's getting better, purring, wanting to be petted and snuggled. He'll play a bit, move around, etc. Then all of a sudden he starts withdrawing. He moves further away from us, doesn't want to be touched, then wedges himself behind/under things. His tails starts twitching and he won't eat. This has happened four times now. Each time he's 'better' for a bit longer time and the 'crashing' doesn't last as long or seem quite as bad. But it's still scaring me. I'm so afraid we're missing something. Is it normal (let's say it's FLUTD and not Kidney disease) for him to take this long to heal? He's still a bit weak and wobbly and his hind legs especially seem just a tiny bit funny when he walks. Also, when he's sitting on his haunches or sitting with his head up, he has this odd little waver to his head. It's a tiny, almost imperceptible, back and forth movement.

He did eat the chicken breast. He's also eating the pumpkin/chicken recipe from Feline Futures. I used the supplements that I had from the last time I was cooking for him. I'm putting lots of water in it, too, when he eats to make sure he stays hydrated. That said, he just ate a couple of bites, then went and drank a bunch of water from two different water bowls-I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

Overall, he does seem better, but it's not a steady incline of improvement, it's a huge rollercoaster and it's freaking me out that I'm missing something, something important!