View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
I agree with the manners and teaching discipline, not so easy with cats, they are not as compliant as dogs. How do you know your kitties don't walk in the food prep area when you are not looking?
I don't know for sure, but I have a fairly good sense that they don't. There's really nothing for them in the food prep area, and they're not interested in any food that is out - i.e. fruit bowl, veg basket, or bread. If I'm chopping something they ARE interested in (like chicken or cheese), they must follow the same rule as the dog... all four on the floor, wait patiently, and perhaps a tidbit will be tossed your way. if you're all up in my face, or under my feet, begging for it, you are S.O.L. Frequently, I'll turn around from the counter to see all 3 (both cats and dog) sitting in a line behind me... and of course, a lineup like that gets rewarded.

it's just habit now, they aren't allowed up there, and aren't interested in being up there either. there's so much more exciting stuff around the house for them... open windows around the house w/ bird feeders just outside to keep them entertained. my boring kitchen certainly can't compete w/ live birds just outside the window.