View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2013, 11:16 AM
Pro Poop Scooper!

Place or a Down/Stay!!

Is a great thing to teach your dog!! Okay so I will probably get blasted but believe me this is the greatest thing to teach your dog!!!

I've read soooo many posts from people on forums etc about how their dogs just won't behave. I've discovered a trainer who shall remain nameless for now...pm me if you're really interested. He works with dogs other trainers have given up on and helps out alot of shelters. I've spoken to him on the phone and what he says makes so much sense and you don't need to take months and months to fix issues.

His main thing for dogs to be good in the house or where ever is a place command and not just for a minute or two. I've taught Bayley it, she's not perfect yet because I don't always enforce cause in the house I have no issues with her. This trainer works with aggressive dogs, whether it is biting people, other dogs etc. His thing is dogs need to be calm in the house, he's got usually 5 or 6 dogs in his house and they all learn the place command. Otherwise there would be bedlam! People comment and say the poor dogs look bored...his response Good!! I agree, Bayley's at the point where I say place, she goes to her mat and goes to sleep. She's not constantly bouncing off the walls or being underfoot. It's the one command I very rarely if never hear about being taught. His dogs learn to turn off the hyper switch and this includes 12 week old puppies. I guess I kind of taught the same thing to Bayley when she was a puppy and I used her crate, when she was getting too crazy, she was told crate and left to cool her jets for a while. Nine times out of ten, she'd be sound asleep in a few minutes.