View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2009, 11:13 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Aw, thanks w4r. Not much help though, I'm afraid. I can't afford to buy an Apple! I blew my budget recently on a computer purchase...

Actually, Vista and I are starting to get along a little better. I have a few more suggestions to try on the email problem. I've never had trouble taking Outlook Express files from one OS to another before, either...but it was inevitable!

I think I figured out the game thing--somehow, an early version of Adobe flash player is installed. It's not supported on 64-bit machines, so IE hangs or dies when I try to look at the daily Sudoku and Crossword on the CBSnews site. (Nope...I never read the news....just do the puzzles! ) So tonite when I'm logged off of pets.ca, I'll deinstall Flash and try to download Flash 11 again. I think that version of it is compatible with my machine!

I've bookmarked the filezilla site for further study... When I'm rested. Actually, I loved 1999, and WS-FTP is like second nature after all this time... We old codgers like to keep our bad habits!

Oh, and I've been trying to google, yahoo, etc for 3 days now...so difficult at 24.4 Kbps... (yes, some of us old codgers are on dial-up, too...we live in a dead zone for things like cable, TV/radio signal and cell phones. If I had the money and less forest between us and the sky, satellite might be an option.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."