View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2005, 01:30 PM

Well, I had heard that there is no law stating that pets are not allowed in public places (other than places that serve/sell food, for health reasons). However, I have tested this on many occasions and find that it's really hit and miss as to who will let you in to their establishments.

I know that the Home Depot in our area will allow you to bring your dog in, if s/he's well-behaved and leashed at all times. The WalMart in our area will let you bring your dog into the vestibule (area between the two doors), if you tell them that s/he's in training and you're trying to socialize her/him. Simcoe Building lets you bring your dog into their store as well, and they even have a basket of biscuits at the register. Apparently (I've never experienced this one myself) Home Hardware will also let you bring your pet in. Canadian Tire doesn't allow it. Neither does Royal Distributing (if you're in the area). I don't know about public transit, either (since I never use it), but apparently GO doesn't allow pets on board.