View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2009, 03:28 PM

Alright, the episode you were talking about was the Everest episode I believe. The dog was aggressive, and had already bit one of the children in the face. The family was a single mom, and two kids, the oldest was about 10 I think (the one that was bit). Because mom works, the oldest was watching little sister, and taking care of some of the responsibility of walking this dog, obviously over his head, considering the aggression problems.

Now, nowhere in this episode did they say Everest went to a shelter, or was euthanized, or whatever else always is "assumed" about this episode. They said that Everest was leaving THIS FAMILY so he could be evaluated behaviourally. Do you honestly think that it would have been the right decision for this dog to stay in this family that did not have the right tools to train him properly, and continue to have the kids in danger of being bitten?

C'mon...

This does not mean Brad gave up on this dog, this means that for this family, the dog was removed, and the family got another dog more suitable to what they could provide. The moral of the story for this episode...be careful when selecting your new family member so that you are able to provide the necessary training, exercise, etc. They ended up with a smaller dog, that the family could handle better. Do you honestly think that the "right" way to handle it for this episode would have been to help this family train this dog and rehabilitate him? Not very realistic...and while Brad may have been working with Everest off the air, the episode was about this family getting the right pet for them, which is what the rest of it was about.

As for Everest, I'm not sure what happened to him. I asked Brad once, but he has privacy rules in place for these families so that he can't reveal information like that (yeah yeah, go ahead, say whatever you want, about how convenient that is, but I'm guessing the families would beg to differ). But if this dog had already bitten a child, and continued to be aggressive, it's possible that he could have been put down, but it's also possible that he could have been placed with a family with experience in handling something like this. So for you to say that Brad "threw in the towel" is really inaccurate here. Sorry but it bothers me that people make that generalization about Brad because of this episode without really watching to see what it's really about.

Last edited by Lynne_B; March 13th, 2009 at 03:39 PM.