View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:47 AM

Hi Blur's Mom good to hear things are going well for Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur's_Mom View Post
I am wondering if everything seems to be going ok (happy, not losing weight, not dehydrated, not throwing up, etc), how often should I take him in for blood work. 3 months? 4 months? 6 months? I obviously want to make sure he is well taken care off, but he hates going to the vet, and I hate paying the bills!
For a CRF cat a vet visit with blood & urine work every three months is pretty standard when there are no obvious new issues (I think everyone hates those bills )

Quote:
And secondly, I have been getting Sub-Q supplies from the vet, mostly cause I had a credit from when I took back the prescription food that Blur wouldn't eat. My Pharmacist said he could order it in what ever I need, and I am sure it would be cheaper than the vet, but I think buying on line is a good choice. Does anyone have a site they would recommend?
Absolutely somewhere other than the vets would be cheaper, your local pharmacy can definately order in for you. Not sure where in BC you are, I'm in the lower mainland and was ordering from Grant @ Pacific Health Care they are listed with www.felinecrf.org as a supplier for CRF cats, so mention that if you contact them. There is no minimum order, shipping cost is minimal and generally delivered within 2-3 days in the GVRD.

Quote:
Oh, one final thing. Last month I finally joined the "been stabbed" club. Silly Sub-Q needles!!
Hope it wasn't too bad/hard Happens to everyone at one point or another

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying