View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Catlover2

Beautiful boy and very lucky to have such wonderful climbing "trees"...he is indeed a spoiled boy.

Do you have any idea of how Roland was as a kitten with his litter mates? Was he the alpha or submissive?

If you don't know, my suggestion is get one that is a female about 5-6 mos.old. Generally speaking (& there are always exceptions!) older cats adjust to a kitten better than one their own age, and I think opposite sexes get on better than same sex. Because of Roland's colouring (orange tabby & white), sometimes male orange tabbies can be aggressive---you know, that red hair thing. Torties & calicos tend to be bossy and usually end up being the alpha cat, so I think a girl who is very laid back, perhaps a grey or black might work. When you do go to look at kittens do the flip it on its back and hold down with light pressure in that position for a little while test. A dominant kitten will not like that much and will be pretty squirmy to get away, but a laid back one should accept for a little while. Just my