Thread: Banning breeds
View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2003, 08:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Well...I've done some freelance writing, and it would be irresponsible to try writing a balanced story about an issue without at least considering both sides. You at least have to KNOW the reasons that the "other" side has for taking whatever the opposing view is! And it appears that, based on the email excerpt, Cat's story will be slanted towards the ridiculousness of breed bans.

Hopefully she found another forum where many people support breed bans! Apparently not this one...

For the record I think they are a complete waste of time and tax payer money and don't even come CLOSE to addressing the actual problem - overbreeding and stupid owners. I have Rottweilers (and really like pitbulls, BTW - I've fostered three and loved them.) So obviously I think it's a dumb idea!

BTW - much of Italy has just enacted a muzzle law. Almost 100 breeds of dogs are now required to be muzzled at all times when in public - most of them working breeds, Mollossers (mastiff type dogs) and pit bull/terriers. It's a real shame. This isn't the only continent with these problems.