View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2011, 09:06 PM

Was thinking 3/4 each feeding...so 1.5 cups a day...for now, to see exactly what his intake is....cause he does "nibble" alot right now, as he is a VERY active dog...his routine is usually run around crazy for an hr in the morning(around 10ish), then sleep from noon to about 4ish(as he does on my days off, and bf's days off...so we're guessing when we're not home it's the same)...then up and playing again by 6ish, til like 11pm. Then bedtime with us..and he usually only gets up once thru the night and goes potty by himself on the pad. Not sure on the time tho, as I'm usually still sleeping...lol Sometimes tho, he'll get up at 7am when the bf is leaving for work, to playing with him for that 20-30 min.
As to walking....I take him for 30-60 min walks when we're above 0. Anything below, even if it's only 5 below, all Thor does is stalk my feet, sit on them when I stop, and whine/howl at me....while shaking so bad.
He's a big baby...lol...but I do try to get him out as much as possible...can't wait for spring, then I can take him on my 2-3 hr walks with me...hense why I got a jack/papillon...I want that energy, so he'll keep up with my walk addiction.
But ya...figure 3/4 in the am and 3/4 in the pm...and as we go, reevalute that to match his appetite and such as we go.
He tend to poop about 20-30 min after eating...unless you try to leave him soon after eating, cause then he'll poop himself howling so hard...hense why 10am will work, there is 2 hrs for it to work it's way thru...so no pooping himself...altho he hasn't done that, since we stopped locking him in the bathroom...we now just have shelves up(those metal cubes shelf thingys) set up to block him into the living/dining area...still adequate space but stops the "hidding" his "surprises" on us...
Which also helps his separation anxiety to....he doesn't howl like he use to...thankfully...was worried neighbours would complain!
Then wednesday(my next day off) I'll go to the pet store by my place and see about a new food...so i can slowly start changing him...as well as pumpkin...as his stool still isn't as firm as I'd like...and it's TOTALLY discusted to try to pick it up off the rug....*gags* lol
But ya...thanks again!
Angie