Thread: loose stool
View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2005, 09:07 AM

loose stool too

new to this community. . .my dog, a german shepherd mix (w/ rotweiler? doberman? lab?) about 11 months old, 60 lbs--orig from a shelter but we got him from craigslist.com-- has loose stool, goes about 4x/day. we've had him now almost a month. he gets a good amount of exercise, runs at least 1 mile/day, and tends to go when he's exercising. we feed him flint river food (flintriver.com, 1st few ingredients: Chicken Meal, Whole Wheat Flour, Ground Rice, Lamb Meal, Poultry Fat (Preserved with Tocopherols and Ascorbic Acid), Ground Whole Wheat), lately with a little cooked rice. we've been switching treats for awhile, trying lots of different ones including string cheese and liver treats--might that be the problem? i've been reading these posts. . .very informative. vet recently said he's healthy. lots of energry and upbeat. not sure if i need to take him to the vet w/ stool sample to fix this, or if i can just try the pumpkin method or plain or no treats for awhile first? maybe should try other flint river food, trout and potato? ingredients: Trout, Potato, Course Ground Millet, Herring Meal, Oatmeal, Sweet Potatoes, Canola Oil, (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Flax Seed, Oat Bran. any thoughts greatly appreciated. . .