View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2004, 10:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANTHEPITBULL
thank you for letting me know the attorney general's email, i've let him know of some specific reasons why pitbulls should be banned in ontario.

your pitbull might be the nicest dog in the world...but i'm mad at the breed b'coz:

- i'm sick and tired of having to pick my dog up when some off-leash adult pitbull comes running around

- i'm sick and tired of having to carry a hammer to defend myself and my dog when i get in a deathmatch with a pitbull

- i'm sick and tired of the fact that my young cousin got his jacket's hood grabbed by a pitbull and for that he is terrified of all dogs now

- i'm sick and tired of having had to read about cases in the newspapers which involved pitbulls mauling and almost killing humans and small pets

- i'm sick and tired of being terrified by pitbulls. ENOUGH

get some sense now and realise that pitbulls aren't suuposed to be kept in densely populated areas. if you have a 100 acre ranch..and want to keep your pitbulls...sure go ahead....but YOUR RIGHTS END WHERE MINE BEGIN..

the WAR IS ON

Well, it sure is nice to see that you have done a little research before you posted your little tirade. Did it ever occur to you that maybe you should be mad at the idiot that let their dog run loose?

I am sick and tired of the press too. I can't think of a single reporter that can identify a pit bull any better then I bet you can.

The Canadian Safety Council, The Canadian Humane Society, the Canadian Kennel Club, and the Canadian Veteranarian Association (or whatever the name of the vet's group is) have all said that a breed ban WILL NOT solve the dog bite problem.

Both the James Waddell inquest and the Courtney Trempe inquests said that a breed ban won't solve the problem.

The bite statistics out of Winnepeg, I believe, prove that pit bull bans don't work. Yes, pit bull bites have gone down. Now German Shepherds and shepherd mixes are biting.

You keep fighting. I am sure Mr. Bryant will love your letter and wave it around like the flag it is. Neither one of you is interested in the truth. I am so sorry to hear that.