View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2007, 09:48 PM

Hi everyone I just sat down at the computer and wanted to thank Muuuuuuummmm for the hug sorry I have my head everywhere right now. I have UPDATES LUBA: and everyone: Today is a better day, my dog is at Can West Critical Care Hospital I phoned as soon as they opened this morning, they happened to call me back as I had to wait for them to find me an appointment, they had a cancellation I had 1/2 hour to get there, I got the vet to pack my dog up as Can West said it would be fine to transport him in a blanket and held tight in my lap which I did (I wasn't driving lol), upon arrival we met with Neuro Surgeon very nice man, cost 250.00 for 15 min consult but he examined Furby my doggie (BY THE WAY HOW DO YOU UPLOAD PHOTOS ON HERE?) he told us that there would be 90% chance of him walking in 3 days with surgery that the surgery could go anywhere up to 7,000.00 he has a ruptered disc, or whatever the MEDICAL TECHINCAL TERM IS for it, and that he still has feeling in his tail, that is why he still wags it when he see's us unfortunately he will probably lose this feeling also HOWEVER, he is now there for at least the next 48 hours at a cost of 300/day for 24 hour care, he has sores on his bottom already from urine? they are putting a catheter in him and going to clean him up very well and watch him for the whole time, (YES I SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS WHEN IF FIRST HAPPENED) BUT UNTIL yesterday I had no financial help, I found a man that my daughter works for that kindly offered to pay for Can West visit up to 1500.00 so he is good there for a couple of days. They said that with COMPLETE BED REST NO MEDS he doesn't want Furby on medications as he wants him to feel the pain so that he knows to rest??? no anti-iflamattories, he doesn't believe in that or steroids doesn't think its necessary, he DIDN'T DO A CAT SCAN as it wouldn't unless he was doing surgery and today I couldn't make this decision as I do not have 6,000.00 so without the surgery he could recover and walk again on complete bedrest and yes it will take some work, but I bought a playpen today and blankets from a second hand store, and we decided to keep him at the vet (after he gets back from Can West) during the day and with us at home at night as we will all be working and I don't want him sitting in his wastes. I have CONTACTED THE HUMANE SOCIETY of Vancouver what wonderful people, they are going to post a photo of Furby urgently asking for donations for his surgery, so THERE MAY STILL BE HOPE There are angels everywhere, I offered to pay them back, they are going to do their best to help us get the surgery for our dog. If we don't succeed at the surgery then it may take 6 weeks to 4 to 5 months of bedrest and maybe Furby has a 50 % - 70% chance of walking again. So I need prayers and I need money lol just a lil humor but if you look possibly in the next couple of days for the humane society of vancouver and go their site you should see a photo of Furby as I just emailed one over to them. Tonight I can rest knowing my baby is being taken care of. I will give you more updates. OH no blood tests were required, the neurologist was 98% sure what the problem was and any further tests were not required, he ruled out any type of bacterial infection, ticks everything.. Love you all for being the people you are.. Samantha