View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2007, 11:04 PM

Some updates

We went to the cardiologist a week ago and not much news beside the existing diagnosis. The cardiologist said we need to monitor his weight and tailor the medications as needed. Jimmy had been doing well for two weeks until last Saturday. Although it took three or four times for him to finish the rice/meat I cooked for him, and I had to wait for an hour or so between each feeding, I was still pretty happy about his progress.

He stopped eating the rice last Saturday, and I have been trying to find something to entice him to eat to no avail so far. He still eats his treats, yogurt, and cooked liver, but it's just too little. Besides, I really want him to eat the real food with good nutrition. Earlier this evening, I tried "doggie oats" in Dr. Pitcairn’s Complete Guide to Natural Health for Dogs and Cats. Unfortunately, he wouldn't touch it at all. I am sort of running out of ideas now. Since he has been drinking quite often the last couple of days, I was a bit concerned. We took him to our family Vet today and did a blood test on liver and kidney function. Our vet said his heart rate is much better now. That's a good news and I need more news like that. We will have the test results tomorrow, and hopefully nothing else is wrong with him. I am keeping my figures crossed.