View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckypenny View Post
Great news that it's been going well for you! It's my understanding that grains and veggies are not necessary. One of our dogs gets no grain whatsoever. The other two maybe a couple of tablespoons per week. They all get a variety of veggies, again, just a few tablespoons per week. I've read good things about offering veggies, and not so good things. We just choose to feed a small quantity. I've learned that in order for a dog to properly digest veggies, and properly assimilate any nutrients they have to offer, they have to be put through a juicer.

If Rocky gets a wide variety of meat (including a small amount of bone) and organs, including green tripe, I wouldn't be too worried about him not getting any vegetable matter in his diet.
Hmmm, I have been shredding him stuff, or more accurately grating it, as in with a cheese grater and then putting it in ground beef or chicken... I haven't been giving him much variety in his meat, mostly just chicken and sometimes beef... this week Ive been putting a bit of whole wheat bread in the mix, he is doing fine with it but I don't know if its adding much. He gets a lot of bone, Geen tripe??/ that gawd awful stuff in a can???? he loves that stuff but ewwwww LOL!
How often should he have that?