View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Senior Contributor

THis is exactly the point that we tried to bring across in the last thread. I don't feel comfortable with bringing my dog out to a large heated (which it would be) protest.
You don't have to be a pit bull owner to get out there and protest against this BSL! If that's what you want to do.
I personally feel that having a protest for this nature would be very heated and some tempers might flare if those for the BSL showed up as well. I don't think this is the best way to show support for the breed. I think it would appear - to those that believe everything they read - like it was more of an intimidation attempt by having a large crowd of pit bulls at Queen's Park..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderRott
I wouldn't take my dog anwhere near a large protest with lots of dogs present! She is a VERY stable dog and I don't doubt for a second that she would act like the perfect senior lady that she is BUT those kinds of crowds can be very stressful for dogs. All it would take would be one dog that decides it is tired of all the people and other dogs in it's face and you would have a media nightmare.