View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2012, 07:57 PM

A quick update is that Lucy is feeling much better. Her stools are back to normal, she has been off the antibiotics for 5days. The areas on her lips and nose have nearly resolved so there is not anything to biopsy at present, and to be honest I hope they don't return and we never have to do a biopsy. I have been doing oral care every day and there have been no further sores in her mouth/gums. We went to a homeopathic vet and she recommneded DMG to boost the immune system. She has been on it for just over a week and certainly seems perkier. We did send her blood work to Hemopet/Jean Dodds and are waiting for the results. SHe still has hair loss/slow hair regrowth and seems a little lower energy than most 1yr old dogs I know. But generally she seems good right now so I am trying to go day by day rather than worrrying what the future holds. I hope I am not being too niaive but again, we are looking into the thyroid issue and we can't really further assess the possible immune-mediated issue unless there is a "flare up" of sorts that we could biopsy. Thanks for all your input!!