Thread: Advice needed
View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

She offered to pay for the dog, but the price of the dog is nothing compared to what this woman thinks she can get from a litter.
I'm not positive which registrating body the dog is registered with as the papers were never given.
The "breeder" is now in possession of the dog again but I have been in contact with her as she is now desperate to "place" a few on "foster" (I'm starting to despise that "breeders" are using rescue terms)
I'm trying to go about things carefully with the "breeder" right now as she is considering NOT breeding. I have been telling her horror stories to every question she has asked me so far. The one thing that seemed to really get her thinking recently was "If you can't even place these dogs how do expect to sell them?" that question seemed to resinate a bit. Here's hoping.
I will keep everyone posted on how it goes. I know its just one dog I am fighting for when there are plenty more there and I feel horrible for the rest I truely do but I just don't know what else to do. I have an attachment to this one as I have never met the others but I still wish they all could find loving family homes.