View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2010, 12:47 AM

Some male cats, fixed or not, just spray. I cannot emphasize enough the success I have had with the Feliway diffuser. I used to buy them by the crate and it cost 10 dollars a bottle (I used to have 2 girls that didn't get along) per month which I don't think is too bad. If you haven't tried it, please do. I have heard way more success stories than I have failures, and if it helps it may get your guy out of the crate for good. Another thing you can do is build an outdoor enclosure. My enclosure is 14 feet high, 15 feet long, and 8 feet wide. It of course does not have to be this large, but it will give your cat options other than hanging out in a crate all day. I would also replace the crate with an actual cat cage, they are usually built around 5 to 6 feet tall and are better for the cats mental health than a crate it. This way you can switch his scenery around, put more toys in there, and keep him happier. Also, you can have supervised outings. My stud cat gets a romp in the house with the others 2 times a day for about an hour, I just watch him the whole time to make sure no accidents happen. He goes in the cat cage in our room to sleep at night and in the outdoor enclosure during the day. You could do something similar so that he is included all the time and not so frustrated. If you want help or advice with the enclosure, I can help.