View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2009, 02:56 PM

BenMax: I won't be on much until Monday either, as I'm working Sunday :sad:

hazelrunpack: Thanks for the help! Let me know if he'll activate it for me!

Kiara: I know what you mean. Most of the time I try to see the rescue's point of view, and I can understand that there are a lot of people out there who simply shouldn't own pets - and I guess on one level they're trying to filter those people out. On the other hand, they're also trying to match the dog to the best possible home, and I think to myself: "well, it's actually a big help that the rescue will help me find a dog that will suit my lifestyle and integrate well into my home". But then again, yes it is frustrating that some are so stringent! And because I'm on the other side of it, I never know what reason the rescue has for choosing someone else over me. I think that's the worst part of it. I will check out your other posts about illegitimate rescues. I, too, am really angered that someone would pose as a rescue for personal gain and give rescue in general such a bad reputation. And then there are the ones who are trying to do good but just get in over their heads...

I meant to add, I would definitely drive to a smaller town. Right now I'm looking at shelters within about a 2-3 hour radius of where I live. I'm keeping my options open