Thread: Oh dear...
View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymomma View Post
Are you sure its the actual company? :O or just the store?

We feed orijen as well and we bought a new bag last night at the same price its always been!
Laura, who owns that particular store is a friend of mine, and I asked her was it Pet Planet raising the price or Orijen, and she told me Orijen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
LMPG, have you checked the Acana Provincial grain free brand? It is also made by Champion Pet Foods and has excellent ingredients but less protein. If I remember correctly Orijen is around 42% and the grain free Acana is about 35% and it's about $8 a bag cheaper here.

We had to start buying the Acana Provincial brand because of the Orijen cost. You can always add some leftover meat from your meals or eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc if you want to increase the protein amount.
I was thinking about Acana today actually. I don't mind supplementing their food for extra proteins, I will probably have to make that switch, because at the price of Orijen, it's stretching my dog food budget to the maximum. I simply refuse to dip into my vet funds to stretch the food budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
I would write a letter of complaint to the company

I buy Kirkland food. I know it's not premium like Orijen but because of the low cost , I can afford my doggies and francly I'm satisfied with the quality.

Anyway , what I wanted to say is , what I like about Costco is , they raised the $$ per bag when the gas prices went up but , they also brought the price down after a while
Frenchy, I fed my dogs Kirkland as well, unfortunately Abby kept developing yeast infections on it and the beetroot content may have been a contributing factor to Kato's ear irritations. Kirkland is an awesome food, it's rated a 3 star and it beats out a lot of the competition such as Iams and Eukanuba and such.
Wendellan~ Feline~ 10(ish)
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)
"Da-Goob"~ APBT/Dogo x (5-6ish)

"My Pitbulls are better behaved than your kids!" (my favorite bumper sticker)