View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2012, 11:28 AM

Meowing to the point that I might need a muzzle. I'm SLEEP DEPRIVED.

This adorable cat was found by myself in my old neighborhood. He lived in a large townhouse but was ALWAYS outdoors, and ended up getting fleas. After talking to the owners we were able to take him in. So, long story short, I moved out and got an apartment and adopted this cat! I removed all his fleas, he's super clean, indoor only except for a balcony and the occasional park excursion. I thought he would appreciate it.. BUT....

HE MEOWS incessantly! I get home from work and he meows for a good 2 hours until he passes out. Then, he will start HOWLING sometimes as early as 4AM other times 7AM (when I'm lucky) and my alarm is set to 8AM so I never get a full 8 hours anymore. I get 5-7 at best. Then, once I'm up making breakfast, he's meowing walking in circles until I pet him and the instant the attention stops, he starts. I can deal with the meowing while I'm awake. However, during sleep is UNACCEPTABLE. Having a cat should not be this much pain.

I do play with him for at least 30 mins when I get home after I feed him. My fiance also plays with him and we both try our best to keep him entertained with toys and music while we're gone.

He meows so loud and our apartment is so small that earplugs are NOT enough. It seems like he wants to play as he has food! I'm currently sleep deprived and considering giving him back to the previous owners who don't even care about him! This cat has been passed around and now i know why! He SUCKS! I really regret this.. but now I'm stuck with him. If he was only QUIET he would be the PERFECT cat!!!

We moved 2 months ago and this is just getting worse. I don't want to let him outside as I live in a busy area. I tried those phermone collars with absolutely no success. I tried giving him excessive attention during the day but once I ignore him the MEOWING ensues.

Yes, he's spayed. I also took him to the vet and he has clean bill of health. He's an 8 yr old Male Siamese. I think he has a neurological problem. He's a Siamese and I get that these cats are vocal but this is ridiculous.

My options so far are:
-muzzle during the night (ok this is a joke but.. seriously I considered it for a spit second lol)
-some sedative to be administered to him (not a great long term solution)
-just wait it out??
Attached Images

Last edited by MEOW247; December 25th, 2012 at 11:46 PM. Reason: image too large